Presenting Your Project
Your goal is to tell a story. We want to know what it was like to work on this project: what were your takeaways from this experience, and how did you grow?
You are expected to demo a deployed application.
If you would like to ask a question or give encouragement, you should do so in the projects channel on Slack. Questions from consultants and other staff might take precedence in the queue, at the discretion of the moderator.
If you’d like a recommended structure for your talk, we’ve found the following works well:
- Give us the elevator pitch. Why did you pursue this project? What does it do?
- Demo one or two features from your application.
- Answer some of the following example questions:
- If you had another week, what would you work on next?
- What will you do differently for your next project?
- What is the most valuable thing you learned?
- What did you struggle with? How did you overcome?
- How does your confidence compare to a week ago? Three weeks ago?
- What are you most proud of? Is there any code you want to show off?
- Why should I hire you?
- Were you able to help others?
- How did you find help when you needed it?
- When did things start to “click”?
- Describe your development process from start to completion.
Originally published at Austin Vern Songer.